Terms and Conditions
Upon registration for your online course, you agree to be
bound by these Terms and Conditions which shall take effect immediately. If you
do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, please do not complete your
- You must be over the age of 18 to register for an online course.
- The course registration fee does not include the certification exam fee or the course textbook.
- Discounts on course fees can be claimed only at the time of registration. Discounts cannot be made retroactively.
- You will be required to provide personal information and submit your payment information during the registration process. Payment for your course will be processed through a secure third-party solution (Stripe), and payment information is not stored in our learning management system.
- You must complete the online course within three months of your registration date. We are not obligated to open or continue availability to the online course at no charge if you fail to complete the online course within three months.
- If you need more time with the materials, you may request a one-month extension at no charge if you are still enrolled in the course. Subsequent access, if requested while enrolled, is charged at a rate of $75 US per month.
- Extensions requested after your three-month period has expired are available for a $150 US reactivation fee plus $75 US per month.
2. Cancellation, Transfer and Refund Requests
- Cancellation, transfer, and refund requests will not be
honored once a candidate has logged in and accessed the course.
3. Continuing Education Units
- Candidates who complete the CPTC Foundation Exam Prep Class
and exam are encouraged to maintain their certification by earning continuing education units (CEUs). However, CPTCTraining does not provide continuing education offerings and does not track and manage certificant CEUs.
4. No Warranty and No Liability
- CPTCTraining.com is not
responsible for, and does not warrant that, the candidate will pass any exam for
which they took the preparation course.
In addition, the candidate is responsible for verifying his or her qualifications
to sit for the Certified Professional Technical Communicator Foundation
Examination. Candidate will provide the required materials to prepare for and
complete the exam.
In no event shall CPTCTraining or its affiliates be liable to the candidate or to any third party for any special, incidental, indirect, consequential, or punitive damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the training or the content therein.
5. Code of Conduct
- CPTCTraining.com is dedicated to providing a harassment-free training experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. Training participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from a training course without a refund at the discretion of the training organizers.
- CPTCTraining.com collects and uses your personal information to provide the courses you have registered for,
respond to inquiries, and promote related services. We do not share personal
information with third-parties unless that information is necessary to a
training course. Courses are hosted on the LearnWorlds, a GDPR-compliant
learning management system. You consent to CPTCTraining.com collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information as
7. Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and CPTC Training.
- We reserve the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If We are required to make any changes to these Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
8. Availability of the Website
- 8.1 The Website is provided “as is” and on an “as
available” basis. CPTCTraining.com uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a
fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Website or
Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for
outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy
of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 8.2 We accept no liability for any disruption or
non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP
equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural
events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
9. No Waiver
- In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails
to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right
10. Previous Terms and Conditions
- In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions
and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is
expressly stated otherwise.
11. Copyright Statements
- The CPTC Training site and Certified Professional Technical
Communicator Foundation Exam Course Prep content, handouts, materials, and
examination remain the copyright of Red Desk Studio, Inc., Transcend Text, LLC,
STC, and APMG, as so indicated. You are not authorized to copy, modify,
reproduce, republish, sublicense, sell, upload, broadcast, post, transmit or
distribute any of the course materials without prior written permission. You
agree not to sell or disclose the course materials to third parties or use the
course materials to teach your own classes.
© 2018-2021 Red Desk Studio, Inc. and Transcend Text, LLC. All
rights reserved. The information contained on this website is provided for
informational purposes only. Red Desk Studio, Inc. and Transcend Text, LLC. have
developed the content and are protected by copyright under the laws of the
United States and foreign laws. Under no circumstances may these materials be
reproduced for sale or profit. Any use of content not expressly permitted may
violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.